Policies and Procedures Academic Year 2021-2022
*Your signature on the registration form indicates you have read, understand and agree to the following Policies and Procedures:
Tuition & Registration:
- Read this document in its entirety!
- Create an account on this website using the “My Account” tab on the top right of the main menu bar.
- Follow the registration tab on the main menu bar to take you to the class selection. Once you make your class choice, checkout.*
* Once enrolled in classes, you credit card will be charged for each month of classes through June. (Unless you FORMALLY Discontinue Classes at DcD, see below.)
Method of Payment:
- Tuition is paid via Recurring Charge on the 3rd of the month, set up at the time of registration.
- There is a $75 registration fee per family, per year. This will be charged at the time of registration.
- It is your responsibility to update your payment information in the event that it changes prior to the 3rd of the month.
- A $10 fee will be charged to your account for failed tuition payments as a result of expired or declined cards or insufficient funds.
- Performance fees can be paid on this website with a credit card.
- Student Company Fees are be paid on this website with a credit card. Subsequent Fees are paid by recurring charge set up at the time of your initial payment, if necessary.
- Tuition cannot be pro-rated!
- DcD is a 10-month program, if you plan to miss classes in June or December, up to 3 make-up classes can be scheduled by email.
A $75 Registration Fee applies to every family for every academic year when registering in the spring (April) for the fall. A discounted $35 Registration Fee applies to registrations that occur between September-June. We offer a Family Discount of 10% off lesser tuition(s.)
Summer Intensive Registration:
There is a $35 registration fee to hold the students space for Summer Intensive dance classes. The registration fee and tuition is paid by credit card upon registration at our website for the Summer Intensive and is non-refundable. Other summer dance options are offered in addition to the Summer Intensive. For more information on these options see the Summer tab on the main menu bar of our website.
DcD allows each student to make up 3 missed classes per Academic year. Students may not make-up for scheduled DcD closings as listed on our Calendar of Events. Please email DcD to schedule a make-up.
To discontinue classes at DcD, a full 30-day notice must be given to the office via email to email@example.com to give us time to fill the space and cancel your credit card. If you do not send a notice you will continue to be billed/charged until you do so. Your 30 day notice will begin on the day we receive the discontinuation email. Tuition cannot be pro-rated so if your discontinuation email is received less than 30 days prior to the next billing date, you will be enrolled for the upcoming month. There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy. Once discontinued, another registration fee will apply to re-register. Students that are enrolled in May cannot discontinue for June, no exceptions! This policy will be strictly enforced.
Students that discontinue dance before the end of the program (June) will not be allowed to register for the upcoming Fall until June 1st. Students that discontinue before June and have registered for the upcoming Fall will lose their space and have to re-register after June 1st.
DcD is closed for Memorial Day, Labor Day weekend, Halloween, Sunday-Saturday of Thanksgiving Weekend, 2 weeks for Holiday Break in December, and 1 week for Spring Break and all major holidays. Like any other school, your monthly tuition reflects these studio closures.
Scheduling Private Lessons:
Private Lessons are $80 per hour, and must be paid at the time of the lesson. In addition, students must be current with regular DcD tuition before scheduling a private lesson.
When a request is sent via e-mail for a Private Lesson, DcD will arrange a time for the private lesson dependent upon the teacher’s, students and studios availability. If a Private Lesson is arranged, and the dancer fails to show up, the student is still responsible for paying for the Teacher’s time at the rate of $80/hour.
DcD expects dancers to remain loyal to our studio. Students currently enrolled in classes at DcD are not allowed to take dance lessons at competing local studios, including other local Summer Intensives.
DcD communicates with our customers through this website and our gmail account. It is imperative that all of our dancers’ have at least one parent registered as a member of this website who checks their email regularly. We also use our DcD App which is available for download in the footer of our website. You may also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and through the business line 720-837-1578. Calling the business line will lead to voicemail which will be transcripted and emailed to the DcD email address. If you have questions, please direct them to one of the above avenues. Miss Jennifer (and the other teachers) cannot answer questions during teaching hours. DcD will always respond quickest via email and we try to answer each email within 24 hours, so plan accordingly.
If you have Miss Jennifer’s or any other teachers cell phone number, please do not use it for DcD business. All questions, concerns and scheduling must go through email@example.com. Thank you!
DcD has the need for numerous volunteers throughout the year. Volunteer assistance helps us to bring opportunities to students that may not otherwise be possible, especially during performance time. If you would like to volunteer, please contact us. Thank you!
In the event of inclement weather, cancellations will sent via email. We follow Adams 12 & DPS for weather closures.
DcD Company & Jr. Company:
DcD offers a unique opportunity for its dancers to join our Performance Company or Jr. Company for the Childrens Nutcracker and Summer Performance in June. Joining the Company is a commitment for both parent and student. The Company Contract is available to view or download at our website: danceconservatoryofdenver.com
Please be advised that ALL of the requirements within the contract will be enforced. Your signature on that document assures us that you have read, understand and agree to the Company and Jr. Company Contract.
Casting and Productions:
At DcD, we discourage competition as a part of dance training. Our focus is to develop a long lasting passion for dance while keeping it both professional and fun. We want all of our dancers to feel like their roles in our productions are crucial to the success of the overall performance. Please understand that being part of a large production means that some dancers will, undoubtedly, be disappointed with their roles and its likely dancers will repeat roles from year to year. With that in mind, its important for dancers and parents to manage their expectations. We encourage our dancers to accept their roles graciously and be supportive of your peers roles. All discussion of casting should be kept positive and dancers are discouraged from comparing their roles to those of other dancers. Remember, the goal is to have a successful performance and to HAVE FUN!
DcD students are only promoted when they have demonstrated a mastery of the material in their current level. Students are not promoted automatically after one year, regardless of age. It is not uncommon for students to spend more than one year in a particular level. Age is only considered for placement of young dancers in beginning levels. DcD staff will decide class placement for returning students.
For Level 1 and up, we require near-perfect attendance. Students that are absent on a regular basis hold the rest of the class back. If your dancer cannot commit to classes two/ three times a week, they should register for once/week classes at DcD.
Students who do not comply with the following dress code may not be permitted to participate in class.
- No jewelry is allowed in class, with the exception of small, stud earrings for pierced ears.
- Hair must be in a bun, no ponytails.
- Girls: Black leotard, pink ballet (footed tights), pink ballet slippers. Split-sole, canvas, ballet slippers are recommended for Level 1, 2, 3 and Advanced dancers.
- Boys: White t-shirt, black, footed boys tights, black ballet slippers.
- Ballet slipper strings should be double-knotted and trimmed to 1/2 inch length. Bows are not allowed, they come untied easily and become a tripping hazard. Please trim your child’s child’s ballet strings before they attend their first class.
- Please label the inside of all dance shoes, water bottles and dance attire with your child’s name.
Lost & Found:
The Dance Conservatory of Denver is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lost items will be placed in the Lost & Found. Dancewear should be marked with each students name so that items can be easily identified.
Fully registered students have the opportunity to perform in our annual Children’s Nutcracker and Triple Bill Performances. Performance is an integral part of dance training, and DcD students are encouraged to participate. Students must commit to the entire schedule of rehearsals and performances.
Students should remain in the building when waiting for their ride.
Parents are asked to establish a policy with their children regarding pick-up and drop-off procedures. There is no supervision of students provided by DCD before or after class. Students should wear clothing or a cover-up over their leotard and tights when arriving and departing from the studios. Dance shoes should not be worn outside.
DcD Parent and Student Handbook:
- Students must attend all classes for which they are registered. Progress in class is dependent upon regular and consistent participation. Excessive absence slows student and class progress.
- Students must arrive on time for class, and should be dressed and ready at scheduled class time. If students arrive late, they must wait for acknowledgement from the Instructor before joining the class. Students arriving late for class may be asked to observe class and not participate (due to injury if not properly warmed up.)
- Students are expected to be attentive, quiet, and courteous in class.
- Parents and students are expected to clean up after themselves in the hallway before they leave.
- Students are not allowed to run or yell in the hallway.
- DCD reserves the right to expel any student whose conduct or attendance is unsatisfactory.
- Students are not allowed to leave class without permission. Students may NOT be dropped off for class early unsupervised.
- Students are not allowed to hang on the Barres in the studios.
- Students are not allowed to touch the mirrors in the studios.
- Students should not bring valuable items to the studio. DCD is not responsible for any items that are lost or stolen.
- ONLY students are allowed in the studio during class time. Parents and siblings should remain in the hallway during class, as it is disruptive to the teacher and students in class.
- Parents are expected to maintain control of their children while at DCD. Please refrain from loud and boisterous activity within the school building.
- Students are expected to be respectful, supportive and encouraging to one another and bullying will not be tolerated.